Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Waking Up to A Fresh Coat of Snow


photo by me


One of life’s simple pleasures this time of year is waking up to a fresh coat of snow in the morning. When the ground is still relatively warm so the grass is coated in snow but the streets stay clear.

A thin layer of snow on your car and front steps is a nice sight if you don’t need to be anywhere. I love when it’s still snowing and I can stay home with a nice cup of hot chocolate, a warm blanket and a good book.

I can watch the snow fall and appreciate the beauty of it when it’s not piling up too high. A fresh coat of snow on the ground and in the trees makes the dullness of fall go away for a while. After the leaves have all fallen there’s not much to look at until the first snow.

Once there’s snow on the ground, I can start doing some of my favorite winter activities, like skiing, or having a snowball fight, and then drinking hot chocolate to warm up. It makes the season pass much faster, and before we know it, spring will be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment