Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tis the Season for Baking Treats

photo by me

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is baking cookies and other goodies. I love making different kinds of holiday treats and experimenting with new recipes.

Just last night I spent a few hours baking Cranberry Bliss Bars (cranberry and white chocolate bars with cream cheese frosting) which were a new recipe for me. On top of that, I made them gluten free. I was nervous about how they would turn out. They're one of my favorite holiday treats so I wanted to be able to make them at home, but they turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated. The batter was too thick for my mixer and things got a bit messy.

Thankfully, they turned out very well. Even my dad who never likes gluten free food said that they tasted good. Making the bars was a bit time consuming and rather messy, but they tasted good and will probably be easier to make the next time that I try. I'm happy that I experimented with this recipe because now I can make one of my favorite treats whenever I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment