Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Rediscovering An Old Favorite

It's always fun when you find an old book or toy you had when you were a kid. The memories come flooding back and for a little while you're brought back to those moments of joy you had as a kid. 

I recently found Madeline's Book Collection a box set of Madeline books that someone (I don't remember who) had given to me for Christmas when I was in elementary school. It's a beautiful set of hardcover books featuring illustrations by the author. 

When I found it, I spent an hour going through and reading the books and marveling at the illustrations. Most of the drawings are very simple depictions of the words on that page, but some are more detailed pictures of the sights of Paris where the books are set. If you look closely, there are little hidden details that add an extra layer of intrigue beyond the very simple story in each book.

I remember reading these books over and over when I was a kid. I liked the fearless spirit of the little girl and the trouble she always got into.

No comments:

Post a Comment