Thursday, December 12, 2013

Need Inspiration? Take a Walk!


photo by me


One of my favorite things to do is go walking outside. I’ll take a walk around my neighborhood, on a hiking trail through the woods, on a path following the river, along the beach or just about anywhere that seems convenient and safe. 

I’ll go on walks with my family, a friend or just by myself. Either way, a nice long walk always makes me feel relaxed and refreshed. The fresh air helps me clear my head and the exercise gets my blood pumping.

If I go by myself, I often end up deep in thought as I walk. I can use the time to think about my latest writing project, or dream up ideas for future projects. Usually going on a long walk is just the thing I need when I’m having trouble getting started writing on a given day.

When I go walking with other people, the conversations can be eye opening as well. They’ll often notice things that I might miss while I’m walking by myself or just point out a different angle on whatever topic we’re discussing.

Whenever you feel stuck in your writing, try going for a long walk to clear your head. When you come back to the page you will feel refreshed and ready to tackle the story again.

No comments:

Post a Comment