Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Food For Thought

Faulkner Estate Sues Sony over Quote I'm not sure what the fuss is about here. On the one hand, I understand that the film makers should have asked permission for using the quote, but on the other hand it seems that the Faulkner estate is making a mountain out of a molehill. (@ January Magazine)

Inside the Box with Chris Ware I love this idea. There are different elements to the book and many layers to the story rather than just a straight narrative compiled in one form. It's a unique idea and I'm interested to see how well it pans out. (@ Guernica)

Book publishing crisis: Capitalism kills culture This is a thoughtful reflection on what the Random House-Penguin merger will mean for the future of publishing and American culture as we know it. (@ Salon)

Truman Capote Reads from Breakfast at Tiffany's April 7, 1963 I love hearing authors read their own work. I only wish there was a video to go with the audio. (@ YouTube)

No comments:

Post a Comment