Thursday, July 19, 2012

Things We Love to Do

I took this photo last summer on the coast of Maine, while waiting for a table at one of my parents' favorite restaurants.
I know I'm not the only one out there with a stressful day job, so I also know I'm not the only one who looks forward to and savors my days off. Today, because I work in retail, is one of those days and it has been wonderful.

I've spent most of the day inside because we've finally gotten some much needed rain here in New Jersey after 100 degree weather earlier this week. Luckily, I haven't needed to run any errands or go anywhere today, so I've been at home doing the things that I love to do.

I've finally had some time to sit quietly and relax without worrying about a schedule or trying to get ready for work on time. Trust me, if I had an entire week off, I would be up in Maine, where the picture above was taken, but sadly it doesn't look like I'll get there this year. Instead, I've been looking at all the pictures I took last summer, and remembering the fun that I had. It's not the same, but it's enough to inspire my current WIP and get my mind off everything else right now.

I'm spending my day looking at pictures, remembering good times, reading interesting things, drinking tea and most importantly writing a story I'm thrilled about. All in all it's a great, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment