Monday, April 2, 2012

Finally Jumping On The Bandwagon

Today, I ordered a Kindle from Amazon. I decided to go with the most basic design for a few reasons.

1. I already own a laptop that is light and very portable, so a Kindle Fire would have been superfluous. There's nothing that I would want to do on the Kindle Fire that my laptop doesn't already do.

 2. I didn't want the Kindle Touch because even though it holds more books and looks a little cooler, it's not all that different from the basic Kindle. I didn't want to pay extra for a touch screen (my phone has one of those and to be honest, I can't stand it.)

3. Why go with Kindle over Nook or any of the other options? E-Ink. I use the Kindle app on my phone and laptop all the time, but my eyes get tired pretty quickly that way. When I read on paper, I don't have that problem and the few times I've played around with other people's Kindles, I've been amazed at how closely it resembles a regular book.

I'm truly excited to try it out. I'll give you a report in a few weeks of what I think. In the meantime, do you have a Kindle? What do you like or dislike about it? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment