Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

'Tis the season for New Year's Resolutions. I've read a lot of blog posts lately about why you should or should not write one and if you do how you should go about it.

For what it's worth, I think it's a personal decision, based on your own experiences and where you're at in life. The beginning of a new year is as good a time as any to take a step back from your every day life and assess how things are going. If there's something you'd like to change or improve upon, why not take the time to figure out what you need to do and make a plan to implement those changes?

I have a few personal resolutions this year, but professionally I have a two-part resolution. Here it is: finish the novel I'm working on and start querying agents. I've decided to go the traditional publishing route for reasons I'll explain in a later post. I've been working on this novel for a while and I'm finally ready to send it out into the world.

2012 is set to be an interesting year full of change for me but I'm excited to see how it goes. I hope your 2012 is looking equally bright.

What are your New Year's Resolutions? Tell us in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment