Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Food For Thought

You Don't Need a Plan To Change Your Life I'm not sure I would agree with everything he says here. Why not take those new habits and the "getting up everyday and doing what I need to do" approach and put it toward a larger plan or goal for your life? Plans themselves aren't the problem, it's the lack of follow-through on those plans that leave people disappointed. (@ Jeff Goins, Writer)

The Most Important Resolution for Writers A smart post worth considering anytime of the year, not just during resolution season. (@ Intrepid Media)

Why Does Art Have to Be Mainstream to Be Significant An interview with poet and editor Jonathan Galassi. I particularly liked his point "One of the ways you can judge the enduring relevance of poetry is how often it’s quoted to make sense of a particular time." (@ The Economist)

Avoid The Block: This is How I Roll...Around It Are you a pantser or a planner? Personally I'm somewhat of a mini-planner. I like to write an outline (especially for longer pieces) and then see where that takes me. (@ Musings From the Slush Pile)

No comments:

Post a Comment