Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reading List 2011 Part 3

As promised in an earlier post, every Wednesday in December I'm going to be posting a list of the books that I read in 2011 with a quick summary of what I thought of them. Numbers 21 through 30 are below.

State of Wonder by Ann Patchett I loved this book so much, I didn't want it to end. You can read my full review here

There's nothing that I can even say about the Harry Potter books. I have a special place in my heart for all of them. I've lost count of how many times I've read them, like so many other people of my generation. 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender This was a strange and fun idea for a book.

Say Her Name by Francisco Goldman I first picked this book up because I read an excerpt of it in The New Yorker. I'm so glad I picked it up because it was so beautiful and emotional and sad. If you haven't read this one yet, get to a library or bookstore now.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling 

Little Bee by Chris Cleave I read this one quickly, when my power was out after Hurricaine Irene. I couldn't put it down, even after dark when all I had was a candle to read by. This is the kind of book you will remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment